Summer fashion always includes really fun and different bikinis, but can leave strange tan lines on your body that look unprofessional and awkward. People who play sports or spend a majority of time outdoors can also be left with unattractive tan lines. Luckily, tan lines can be dealt with by rubbing self tanners such as tanning lotions in your patchy areas. Here are 5 quick ways to getting rid of your tan lines with home tanning lotions.
1. Since you're trying to only darken white patches on your body without deepening your overall tan, choose a tanning lotion that gives you between light and medium color. Use a product that is good quality in order to prevent that weird orange color.
2. Make sure the area is nice and clean. If you're peeling, do your best to moisturize or loofah away the extra skin so that you can get a nice, smooth surface to work with.
3. Apply in thin layers. Wait 15 minutes between each layer to make sure your color is blending in well with the rest of your tan.
4. Remember that bronzers in many tanning lotions will make you appear more golden at the moment, but will wash off in the shower. After waiting for it to dry, wipe away the bronzers with a damp towel to check the color underneath.
5. Once you've got the color you want, let it really dry for several hours before hopping into the shower. Do not scrub when your in there. If you must use body wash, apply it with your hands and let the water gently rinse away any extra color. Your tan lines should appear minimized if not completely unnoticeable.
If you're too afraid to try covering up your tan lines at home, visit your salon for an airbrush. A professional should be able to focus on your trouble spots and get your tan looking more even and natural.